From:
Ramon Khalona <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 21 Jan 2001 23:30:15 -0500
Sam Kemp <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>I suppose it's a bit late to respond to the list now, but I only just read
>the posts on this matter.  I have in my possession an old LP on DG of seven
>Weber Overtures with the Bavarion Radio Symphony Orchestra under Rafael
>Kubelik.  I have no idea whether this has been transferred to CD though.

This is my favorite recording of the Weber Overtures and I'm happy to
say that it has been reissued on CD. I got it about six months ago from
www.adorishop.de (just type "Kubelik" and "Weber" in the quick search
window and you should have no trouble finding it) It's one of those
European Eloquence budget discs (do not confuse with the Australian
series with the same name) and it sounds great.

Ramon Khalona