From:
Bob Draper <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 18 Aug 1999 09:00:40 +0000
Juozas Rimas wrote:

>What other performers would you recommend?

Complete Chopin by Idil Biret on Naxos. Budget priced, but excellent.

>I want to stress that I need recognized performances not
>this-pianist-has-a-great-potential ones.

I find this remark a little strange.  Surely we have already established,
in this discussion group, that art is subjective.  Recognised by whom?

I hope that this is not another example of the "big names" syndrome which
is damaging to classical music IMHO.

Bob Draper