From:
Donald Satz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 16 Aug 1999 15:54:49 PDT
Bob Draper wrote:

>I find this story sick!

I assume Bob dislikes the story because the boyfriend continues to stay
with the girlfriend and raise her child as his own.  If that's "sick",
there are a lot of sick puppies in the world.

Partners seem to cheat on one another rather frequently; in many cases,
the partership goes on.  I don't advocate "staying together" after such an
extreme betrayl, but I have known couples whose marriages improved after
the "betrayl" was discovered; it represented a wake-up call to finally put
forth the kind of effort required for a marriage to work.  The child that
resulted in the story is just an aside; it's the infidelity that's
significant.

Well, I've never even heard this Schoenberg work.  Guess it's time to take
the Scoenberg late-romantic plunge.

Don Satz