From:
Jon Lewis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 16 Sep 1999 09:58:12 -0400
I guess we'll never know whether it was sketches or something more
complete, but Mrs. Sibelius did testify that she found her husband one day
(in the 1930's sometime? can't recall exactly, coulda been '40's) feeding
a sizeable manuscript into the fire.  She also said that from that day on
he became somewhat more relaxed, as if a great weight had been lifted from
him.  I find that anecdote extremely touching.  Thinking about the 8th...
what could he have done, really? Where could he have gone from the 7th and
Tapiola? I for one do not feel that we were robbed.  He did the honorable
thing.  Now if he'd succeeded in deep-sixing Tapiola, THAT would be a
crime-- hmm maybe I've just negated my previous statement...  maybe there
could be a step beyond sym7/Tapiola, and I just can't imagine it...

Jon Lewis