From:
Chris Kim <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 18 Mar 2004 22:43:03 -0500
For those of you near by I would love to invite you to our next concert.

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:

MEMBERS OF BRAVE NEW WORKS TO PERFORM AT KERRYTOWN CONCERTHOUSE

An ensemble of five Brave New Works musicians will perform at 4 pm
April4th in the Kerrytown Concerthouse located at 415 North Fourth Avenue
in Ann Arbor, Michigan.  The Sunday concert is being called informally,
"the 4-4-04 @ 4:00." Tickets $10-25 ($5 students) are available at the
door or may be reserved by calling 734-769-2999.

Brave New Works, which exclusively plays new music, has recently
performed in Portland, Oregon; Tacoma, Washington; and Bowling Green,
Ohio; and is preparing for a special project in Boston.  Artistic Director
Chris Kim said, "We are excited about the many invitations we are receiving
to perform around the country, but we love to perform in Ann Arbor, where
the group enjoyed its first successes and where many of its members still
reside.

Soprano Jennifer Goltz, flutist Emily Perryman, clarinetist Celia Eidex,
cellist Katri Ervamaa, and harpist Amy Ley will perform the music of Mark
Kilstofte, David Liptak, Forrest Pierce, Matt Thommassini, Kaija
Saariaho, Bright Sheng, and Charles Rochester Young. "We are thrilled to
perform at Kerrytown Concerthouse again after many engagements around the
country," flutist Perryman said.

The musicians of Brave New Works, founded at the University of Michigan,
have performed in many countries, including France, China, Italy, Japan,
Russia, Scotland, and Spain.  Brave New Works has commissioned and
premiered numerous works for its unique instrumentation of string quartet,
piano, flute, harp, clarinet, and soprano.

While gaining more visibility outside of Michigan, Brave New Works
continues to garner support from local new music enthusiasts as well.
Dale Franz, who was inspired to serve on the group's board of directors,
says, "Listening to contemporary classical music, I have on occasion
been absolutely transported, as though I went from a wind-up Victrola
to living color, full-spectrum sound, and flat panel digital all at once.
And a Brave New Works performance, being live and immediate, is actually
superior to electronic media." Brave New Works and Kerrytown Concerthouse
invite you to "be transported" on 4-4-04 @ 4:00.  PROGRAM TO INCLUDE THE
FOLLOWING: Forrest Pierce: Bring the Man to Me for solo voice Bright
Sheng: Selections from the Seven Tunes Heard in China for solo cello
Matt Tommassini: Two Spanish Songs for voice and harp David Liptak: Duo
for flute and clarinet Kaija Saariaho: New Gates for flute, harp and
cello Mark Kilstofte: Four Postcards to Betsy for solo clarinet The
program is subject to change

For questions or to request a hard copy of this release, please contact:

Emily Perryman, Treasurer
Brave New Works
Phone: 734-484-6015
291 Aveline Avenue