From:
Andrew Carlan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 3 Sep 1999 12:42:27 -0400
Frankly, I was more interested in the campaign than the misprint from

>John G. Deacon
>Pipedown: The Campaign for Freedom from Piped Music
>http://www.btinternet.com/~pipedown

Dear Friend:

With 893 hits and millions of misses, I suggest you find a more lucrative
trade, such as sabotage and stealth.

(1) Study electronics and electric and wire installation.  Follow the wires
and pull the plug or cross them and destroy the amplifier.

(2) Carry a scaled down boom box.  If the provider of the elevator can
choose his music, why can't you as the valued customer choose yours, at
least until they throw up out? In today's 100 story buildings, your
audience may hear a whole Bruckner symphony before they get to you.

(3) Hum along with the Muzak, a la Glenn Gould.  That ought to disturb
enough other customers that they will complain about the service for you
leaving you to occupy your time with more profitable ventures.

Irving Cologne
Somnolent, Turkey