From:
Simon Crouch <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 28 Jan 2000 19:08:49 -0000
Deryk Barker <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>Simon Crouch ([log in to unmask]) wrote:
>
>>Worth pointing out, perhaps, that Manze includes a "reconstruction" of the
>>"original" violin version of the (in)famous d-minor toccata and fugue, BWV
>>565.  You can hear this bit at the USA Harmonia Mundi site.
>
>Oh does he? This is by Peter Williams I presume?

Don't know.  The disc's released soon, so I'll write when I read the liner
notes.  I do recall hearing a re-construction played on the radio a few
years back and it struck me that it would not be a difficult reconstruction
to make, so this one might be Manze's own.  Enough guessing....I'll write
when I find out the answer.

Simon.