From:
charles Linder <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 2 Oct 2014 15:00:17 -0500
I was disturbed a bit today, and then confused afterwards.
My Grandson got a new game for his computer (he is 10) It's a farming game
from John Deere (actually ironic since I spent so many years working for the
competition) but at its base it's a simple farming game.  Teaching them how
to work and save up (Deere dollars) to buy farm equipment.  The start out
working for others, and move up to their own farm.

What bothered me is that one of the basic chores is mowing all the field
edges and ditch banks.  High paying job in this game.   YIKES  so of course
we had a discussion on how bad that is!....

What bugs the living snot out of me is that this is the number one avoidable
cause of diminishing bugs, pollinators and wildlife in general. I would
estimate that somewhere far north of a million acres of habitat is lost
every month. Probably close to 20 million acres a year.
And not a peep of protest or complaints.   More wildlife is lost to John
Deere in a single season than all the neonics used to date.......

Why is this not pursued by the eco groups??

Charles