Date:
Fri, 12 Jan 1996 13:07:55 -0500
David Eyre writes:

>>Please, I would request we refrain from indicating articles for us to read.

I disagree.  Article references are the heart and soul of
self-education.

>>It is extremely difficult to refer to articles in magazines that we don't
>>all subscribe to. This is not a critism or a slight on any magazine, more an
>>observation on the volume of magazines available worldwide for beekeepers.

That's why they are at the library.  (Of course, you need access
to a university library.  If you're really out in the sticks, that could be
difficult.)

>>Under the circumstances I would suggest a small precis of the article posted
>>on the Net would be far more valuable.

But most of the time it's too much work to rewrite and encapsulate
all the info in a good article.
As a student, I had to dig up and xerox hundreds of papers.  It was
a pain, but now I have a very nice (and thick) file of everything about
anything I needed to know.  If you need the information badly enough to
ask someone else to type it up for you, then you need it badly enough to
struggle over to the library and look it up...  (this is your advisor
talking  :-).

Liz Day
Indianapolis, Indiana, central USA

No Web site, but you can still 'finger' me.