From:
Lloyd Spear <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 20 Oct 2009 18:04:22 -0400
The homosote board is 3/4" thick and is cut so that it is about 1" short of
the outside dimensions.  It covers the frames, not the super, and is
centered under the commercial flat cover.

It has never ocurred to me that it would absorb moisture from the rain and
snow.  Perhaps so, but not very much.

The shim is put under one or both front corners of the cover.  I use a 3/8th
rail on my bottom board year round.  I do not make any change for the
winter.

Lloyd