From:
Justin Kay <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 23 Aug 2018 16:10:18 -0400

> 4. Disclaimers. This is a new one on me (unless it's a sponsored
> supplement or other advertising vehicle), but I would suppose it keeps the
> lawyers at bay.

Not really. At least not in this case. This disclaimer mitigates zero legal
risk (the only real legal risk a publication has is copyright infringement
and defamation, neither of which a disclaimer will help with). Instead,
it's a PR and marketing tool the publication can use to say to someone who
is upset about the contents of an article that they should hold it against
the author and not the publication.