Date:
Mon, 15 Sep 1997 09:54:38 -0400
David Morris wrote:

> Hi Kim,
>
> I'd like to see the standards you are talking about on raw honey.  A year ago
> the USDA was looking into standards for organic honey, but I have not heard
> anything lately from them.  I think I will have to give them a call and see
> what's up.
>
> Thanks,
> David Morris
> Laurel, Md

I down loaded the "United States STandards for Grades of Extracted
Honey".  Sorru URL unknown.   The document does not actually define many
of the terms that some of us use to grade honey.  Things like Raw,
unmolested, unfilterd  for this standard are left to the interpertation
of the bottler.
For those who wish to put the term "Organic" on your honey label there
are some VERY extensive regualtions on the ORGANIC farming.  Things like
organiclly certified land, 2 miles from any major road, 2 miles from any
area that any spraying is done.  That includes the roadside aprays put
out by many counties for roadside weed and vegtation control.  The list
is long.
All this information is available on live but I did not save the URL's
Al Welk, Atlanta, GA