From:
Cam Bishop <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 24 Mar 2018 12:19:53 -0400
>all hives were treated end of Aug-Sep 15. apiguard did mite wash, 2 or less mites in all hives another beek#1 treated Aug with MAQS, then early Oct, ending late Oct with apiguard. he lost no hives while a beek#3 just around the corner who was part of BIP testing treated earlier, had one left out of 40. If I remember correctly Bip said he had one high virus but got the info in Jan.
washing the dead bees showed a mite count so high it wasn't worth counting in mult hives, in mult apiaries, for Beek1, and beek#2, Bvs test also said high mite counts.

I also treated about the same time, OAV x5 a week apart, with similar mite counts

>all dead outs had plenty of fecal deposits in the dead outs. mine and  beek#2 also. also contrary to what Cornell and the head bee inspector suggested, all hives that were checked had plenty of pollen available. Cornell suggested poor goldenrod pollen production.

I had few fecal deposits in the dead outs. I also had plenty of pollen available, not sure how nutritious because it was never tested but seemed to be fine.

> >Most had just vanished, with some dead in a heap in the bottom of the
> hive.

I had similar symptoms.

>Did anyone check the frozen bees for prevalence of nosema.  Or for the
>Serratia that Burritt reported?

 I didn't send bees in.

> >The bees were disappearing and nobody ever figured out why.

Mine pretty much disappeared, there were a few dead ones in the bottoms of the hives.

I would add that previous to the last 2 years, I had 100% survival in this yard. So I went from great survival to total loss with very similar treatment of my hives.

I will be monitoring closer this year and probably treating more often.

>mike Syracuse land of the white stuff still on the ground.

Cam, land of the white stuff too.