From:
Nick Wallingford <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sat, 10 Jul 1999 08:18:15 +1200
> Some people don't allow to stay our bees in their villages area,
> because of "fire blight" disease, which is seen on apple, pear,
> quince trees.

Here in New Zealand we've recently faced an even more obscure
variation.  Australian authorities have imposed conditions on the
importation of bee collected pollen into that country.  That is, even if
the pollen is dried, cleaned and encapsulated (!) they are claiming
that there is the possiblity that the pollen could spread fireblight.

I personally think the odds of *that* disease spreading vector are
incredibly small - any comment from other list members?

  (\      Nick Wallingford
  (/      NZ Beekeeping http://www.beekeeping.co.nz

'Order' files from an autoresponder...
NZ Bkpg: Education and Training?  Email to: [log in to unmask]