Date:
Fri, 9 Jul 1999 09:47:47 +0000
From: From:  Mustafa Civan <[log in to unmask]>

  We have a problem here in Bursa in Turkey, where our bees
are.Some people don't allow to stay our bees in their villages area,
because of "fire blight" disease, which is seen on apple, pear,
quince trees.I searched this disease and have found that bees carry
the bacteria (Erwinia amylovora), which causes to this disease.Bees
aren't only carrier for this, birds, other insekts and wind carry
also this bacteria, but a lot of people believe here in that the
biggest problem is honey bee for their trees.   What should we
do? Because problem will be bigger, some people will exaggirate the
effects of honey bees and we can't control the situation        I
will wait for your answer, Thank you in Advance...
best wishes...        Mustafa Civan.