Informed Discussion of Beekeeping Issues and Bee Biology <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 23 Jan 2019 16:01:20 +0000
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (15 lines)
>>>  So -- cheap DNA analysis may be the best approach to ID'ing honey samples

<><><>  Even with the above analysis available it still might bee too expensive for we beekeepers who have limited financial resources available to expend towards analysis of honey samples.  A club available centrifuge and microscope and limited training on pollen analysis along with a phamplet of common samples of pollen present in local honey.   As an example, I move my bees to a location where there is a high Ti Ti tree population.  But....  I would still like a corroboration that the honey I've produced in that area in that time period is predominately Ti Ti.   The same goes for Tupelo honey that I produce.   I have lost over half my sense of smell and I'm not sure of my ability to taste differences in honey so I'd like a pollen substantiation of my honey sources.  I have a biology background and am capable of performing simple pollen extraction and microscopic analysis of extracted pollen samples.  I just need the equipment.  BTW, anybody have a binocular microscope for sale at a not too expensive price, I'd bee interested.

Mike in LA

The BEE-L mailing list is powered by L-Soft's renowned
LISTSERV(R) list management software.  For more information, go to:
http://www.lsoft.com/LISTSERV-powered.html

ATOM RSS1 RSS2