From:
Charles Linder <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 25 Jul 2018 16:24:53 -0500
https://www.seattletimes.com/nation-world/apxhoneybees-finding-it-harder-to-eat-at-america-s-bee-hot-spot/

Juanse  I realize you may think I am biased,  but IMO its more garbage,  and 100% off base as a description of whats going on here.  The area in particular that he is referring to, his data is completely false.   The only thing I can see hes doing is trying to pick one single spot and make an assumption.

Last Sat I had my bees brought back from WI (Semi load of 512) the driver runs to that area a lot and we were talking,  I commented about going there once as the flows are really late and intense.   He said the same thing others have said,  DON’T  too many bees.  The high demand for almond bees has greated a glut of bees in a few regions,  making it harder to find good yards.

USDA info for that are is available if you're interested.

WE have a huge problem here,  In this case I even wrote the editior of the seattle times, as that writer is not listed as staff.  The reply I got when I linked to the inacuarcy was  "tough" the AP wrote it so were good.

Heres what I sent .  I wont repost the rest of it.

I was looking for Seths email.  Your paper published a online article  about bees and forage in North Dakota,  and it is factually incorrect and quite misleading.

https://www.nrcs.usda.gov/Internet/NRCS_RCA/reports/nri_nd.html

this is a link to the real data

Charles