From:
Charles Linder <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 26 Jul 2018 16:07:00 -0500
<><><>  The editor was stupid.  He could have asked you to write a rebuttal with accompanying facts and gotten a good lively debate going in his newspaper, which I think would have attracted a number of readers because of recent public concern about honey bees and perhaps increased his paper's readership.
Mike in LA

You have a great point!    Its not an isolated case though.  Many are refusing corrections,  and many more people are not willing to engage.   I would cite the recent series  in BC by Ross Conrad,  he claims in a 4 part series,  is not mites but Neonics killing bees.  Any educated person in the US can refute that,  yet non choose to, is it the crowd wanted to hear it?  Editorial bias  or ??  I am puzzled and baffled.

 We have a case I am working on now in ABJ  a bunch of misinformation in an article,  and the authors comment to my corrections was "it was an interview"    Major mistakes that editors are missing  and as you point out the opportunity for discussion and real information, which certainly could increase readers.

Charles