Date:
Wed, 18 Apr 2012 07:22:12 -0400
>Well, with old pesticides you simply stopped usage and killing stopped!
>But since newer are more low key internal, that to me means buildup
in ones internal systems/tissues, accumulating until over the line you have
>major problems. (<etc.>

AFAIK, the neonics are not cumulative in insects or other organisms like
some poisons.

My understanding is that neonics act, then are metabolized and eliminated.

They may cause permanent effects on the organism while they are active,
(that is the whole idea behind them) but they cease to act after being
eliminated from the insect/animal/person.

Any concerns about accumulation refer to accumulation is soil or water,
and even there the breakdown is reasonably quick compared to some
less degradable chemicals.

This is my understanding.  Any amplification or disagreement is welcome.