Informed Discussion of Beekeeping Issues and Bee Biology <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 27 May 2016 01:15:45 +0000
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (25 lines)
Peter said:
Most antibiotics are being outlawed for use on bees in the US.

This outlawed action for antibiotics use is an international action to develop a policy for antimicrobial use in animal husbandry including bees. Thus they can manage resistance development in bacteria/ super bug.

This policy is to outlaw the prophylactic use of antibiotics. It will allow the use of antibiotics only by prescription for therapeutic use.

In Canada at this time we are also involved with our veterinarians in developing our own policy for antimicrobial use in animals including bees.

And by the way believe it or not, the policy does not apply to Fumagillin. The drug veterinary agency / administration - Canada and FDA-USA are not considering fumagillin as  an antibiotic but is a fungicide.

I have never undermined the side effects that could be caused by antibiotics. Whenever I read the info sheet handed by the pharmacist when I have prescribed antibiotic, it scares the $&&$@ out of me. However there is a reason to use it and follow directions.

Medhat Nasr

Alberta Canada

This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email in error please notify the system manager. This message contains confidential information and is intended only for the individual named. If you are not the named addressee you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail.

The BEE-L mailing list is powered by L-Soft's renowned
LISTSERV(R) list management software.  For more information, go to:
http://www.lsoft.com/LISTSERV-powered.html

ATOM RSS1 RSS2