Date:
Fri, 24 Sep 2010 07:07:17 -0700
From: allen:  AFAIK, sucrose syrup is sucrose syrup, and all the same regardless
of  source, although that is an interesting question.  There are various  grades
of table sugar in different countries.  Mexican table sugar, for  example is tan
in colour.

I think it depends upon the degree of purity.  White table sugar comes from the
very same source as what we here in the States call brown sugar (and there is
light and dark brown sugar).  I think it depends upon the degree of processing
and purity, with the white table sugar beings more highly processed and
purified.  The brown sugars have more "ash" content.

Mike in LA