From:
randy oliver <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 29 Nov 2010 18:46:55 -0800

> >I was reading Jean-Pierre’s work again at
> http://www.apinovar.com/articles/Varroa%20control%20with%20APINOVAR%20(...).pdf
> It is very instructive IMO.

I found his graphs of varroa buildup in susceptible vs resistant stock to be
of great interest.  It concurs with what I have observed in my own
operation.

Today we were setting up a cold-weather trial of treatments, and had saved
one yard that had been given one Apiguard treatment on July 1, and another
in mid August.  Alcohol washes of 300 bees ranged from zero to 31 mites (0 -
10% infestation).  The average was about a 5% infestation.  What was of
interest to me were the colonies that were in the low range--they certainly
had dealt well with the mites on their own since mid August!

Randy Oliver