Date:
Thu, 25 Nov 2010 10:19:55 -0500
?> Beekeepers are reporting in Texas that many bees which look fine will fly
out to die WHEN FED. Each time the bees are fed the bees can be found dead
( next 24 hours) on the sand around the hive and out say 20 feet.

I saw something like this myself, although I have grass around the hives and
did not notice the dead bees within twenty feet.  The first feeding with
sucrose went well, then I fed sucrose and HFCS half and half (roughly).
After that, I noticed rapid dwindling in some formerly strong hives and many
stopped feeding.

I did some mite checks and found loads around 10% and some higher.  At this
point, the brood was reduced and the varroa loads often soar at this point
of time.  I had failed to anticipate.   My bad.

Anyhow, do you have other details?  Did they wash bees for varroa?  Did they
see what looked like EFB?  What are they feeding?