From:
Date:
Tue, 8 Feb 1994 09:04:37 -0700
I cast my vote against splitting up the list.  My research brings me into
contact with hundreds of beekeepers and many researhers in academia and
state and federal laboratories.  Often, the cross-pollination of ideas
and insights have lead to the break-throughs.  A case in point is the
evidence for the affect of oils in the hive on the ability of tracheal
mites to locate new hosts.

I for one have learned as much or more from the beekeepers as from the
"scientists".  Two lists already exist for the more technical discussions
- Southwick's Social Insects and Entomol-L.  The latter has over 500
members and it can get a bit clumsy.

As for "heavy" traffic on BEE-L, there have only been two times when it
really  got going - the little fracus before Christmas by the electronic
vandals, and this discussion about making a new list.  Otherwise, BEE-L
is quite, it could use a little more activity.  Splitting off yet another
list may dilute it out of existence.

Thanks for the forum.

Jerry J. Bromenshenk
(University of Montana)