Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Mon, 10 Jan 2011 18:21:37 -0800
From:
randy oliver <[log in to unmask]>

> >I largely agree with Randy’s comments.

Glad to hear!

> >Just one thing: how can he know when and how his bees will be exposed
> i.e.:
> consume contaminated pollen?

From practical experience, I know that colonies in my area at that time will
rapidly consume pollen patties.  I also now have data that indicate that
typically 10-50% of the bees on a frame will contain pollen supplement.  I
will run the test again with patties of natural pollen to confirm.

For everyone's information, the protocol is now being scrutinized by an EPA
risk assessor, and we are in the middle of going over every detail.  Am
considering adding a positive control spiked at a high level of
clothianidin, in order to verify that the chemical does indeed get into the
bees.

Still waiting to hear back from Bob Harrison!

Randy Oliver