From:
Juanse Barros <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 23 Jan 2012 14:28:09 -0300
On Mon, Jan 23, 2012 at 1:39 PM, Chris Slade <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>  The trouble with that  in the UK is that the siting of such crops is
> often kept secret. A year or so  ago
> we were told that there was to be a crop of oilseed rape grown in the
> county  of Somerset but the authorities wouldn't narrow it down more than
> that.
> I  keep bees in a large organic orchard in a parish in Dorset on the
> Somerset  border and so had no idea whether my bees were within range of
> GM  pollen
> or whether it was 30 miles away.

you should be aware of:

*The Commission is organising a Public Hearing on Environmental Monitoring
of GM Crops on 29 March 2012 in Brussels. Mr John Dalli, Commissioner for
Health and Consumers, will be present. It is the 3rd hearing of a series
related to GMOs, after the public hearings organised last year on GMO Risk
Assessment and Risk Management (17 March 2011) and Socio-Economic
Dimensions of GMO Cultivation (18 October 2011).

The hearing aims to discuss experience and results of monitoring of GM
crops in EU Member States and third countries. It is intended for Members
of the European Parliament, Competent Authorities of Member States,
stakeholders from private companies and non-governmental organisations, the
scientific community and other interested parties*

Juanse Barros J.
APIZUR S.A.
Carrera 695
Gorbea - CHILE