From:
Bill Truesdell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 14 Jun 2008 05:40:04 -0400
Ruth Rosin wrote:

>But what we can never know is not a
> subject  for science to explore!

What you have succinctly defined is scientific theory. Something we may never know for sure but worth exploring
to prove one way or another.

Also, you have indirectly brought up "settled science", a term that is a bit frightening. Who defines what
science is beyond all questioning or what "we can never know" and sets that as unworthy of further exploration?
It really does not take much thought to know who those are, since they have been with us since someone formed an
opinion.

There is no settled science. All science is worthy of exploration and rational debate no matter how certain it
might seem to be. Take, for example, the bee dance.

Bill Truesdell
Bath, Maine