From:
Charles Linder <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 13 Aug 2018 09:06:38 -0500
Standard methods for rearing and selection of Apis mellifera queens
https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/abs/10.3896/IBRA.1.52.1.07

But it matters little if there are standards, if producers don't adhere to them. I will say for the umpteenth time, the proof is in the product.

Your assumption that these "standards" are best is peculiar,  these "standards" include several different methods,  every producer in the world is following some version of these standards.

The assumption that producers don’t follow best practices  is more of the same misinformation.  Where do you think most of that information actually came from?  Lab rats learn from the industry,  then publish what is being done by the successful ones.

Pete,  your completely missing my point with this link. Which as I see it is the only place we might progress.  The readers here already know how to raise queens,  and where to find reading material. My goal is to discuss industry improvement,  not complain about suppliers or breeders.

The standards you cite are  limited. In its  evaluation it is a local one yard evaluation process,  not an industry wide process. They may be a good start  but without adding locational grading at the same time  we cannot compare queens.

Whats missing to push the ball forward is standard evaluation process  implementation, so the entire industry can make decisions.  Dr. Tarpy has worked on it, more than most,  but there are others also.   It does seem the almost the entire industry does not want to understand we need a common yardstick.

It seems to me the great minds here  might have some thoughts on that.

I find the ever changing positions to be awkward at best in having a conversation.  JMO.

Charles