From:
Bob Harrison <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 24 Oct 2007 11:44:25 -0500
>Sorry Bob, but we have heard, seen, and sampled new outbreaks of CCD in
large commercial operations in the west.  So far, spotty, but enough to be
worrisome.

Are you talking about Lance? Lance was on my list to call but have not yet?
"Worrisome" might be of some interest but in the Dakotas all but one
beekeeper I spoke with had their crop pulled and extracted.

 The problem die off ( 25% CCD of deadouts ?)started in August/Sept. last
year and here we are almost the first of November.

>We've sampled in the SW and in Idaho, talked to folks who suffered CCD last
year, saw it again mid-summer in Colorado, and are hearing reports of
localized  problems in other western states -- and no, these aren't hobby or
side line  beekeepers by anyone's definition.

The hives which survived (CCD or SSDD) last winter did not rebound until
late spring this year. Slow buildup and would not take syrup. Some said they
did not rebound until dropped in the Dakotas (Colorado etc.) but look great
now.

I am going to go out on a limb and predict the problems last winter are not
going to happen this year.

Beekeepers have told me things they did not tell the CCD team  because they
know I will keep their secrets and many beekeepers flat killed their bees
last fall with bathtub treatments and over dosing plus keeping their bees on
heavily contaminated comb. Those beekeepers are wiser now!

>I hope these are the only cases that we see, but as people pull honey,
we're
getting reports.

I hope so too!

bob

Beekeeper stupidity:
"Doing the same old thing over and over and expecting a different result!"

--
believed to be clean.