From:
Bob Harrison <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 8 Mar 2012 22:31:47 -0600
hello Giuseppe & All,
I have wondered what happened to you. I remember the discussion from the
time period and the pictures you emailed me at the time of your operation.

In the U.S. beekeepers have used a similar thymol formula in syrup and
believe helps.

Using fumagillin is not cheap. Approx $140 (U.S.)a bottle  but price drops
with large amounts.
By label a bottle will treat 60 hives for winter and 120 in spring.
approx. $2.30 fall and $1.15 in spring not counting the syrup. However these
are single bottle prices
& the product is sold by the pallet at a discount.

depopulating the "dinks" (susceptible colonies) and treating the comb has
worked for me like you.

using fumagilin is similar to buying insurance but maybe I should try a test
yard untreated ( or not).

Thanks for the post!

Sincerely,
Bob Harrison