From:
"Robert J. Cessac" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 10 Jun 1996 08:23:30 -0500
Thank you all for the inputs on red clover.  As one can see, there are
many appenions on the subject.  I have also heard that the honey bees can
not reach the nector on the first bloom of red clover but can on the
second.  Does red clover produce a different sized flower later in the year?
I am using more white clover in my pastures now also because it will last
longer and is not any more expensive to establish, just a little more
difficult.  Have to make sure to remove top of established grass before
June first.  I also will be using more lespedeza to have nector later in
the summer and early fall.  Thanks again.  Bob

K-B Ranch
Natural Beef

2362 St. Rt. O
Higbee, MO. 65257