From:
Thermal-symp <thermal-symp%es.uit.uninett@NORUNIX>
Reply To:
Discussion of Bee Biology <BEE-L@ALBNYVM1>
Date:
Tue, 18 Jul 89 19:37:00 +0100
Testing, testing again
=
Date:         Wed, 19 Jul 89 09:49:08 EDT
Sender:       Discussion of Bee Biology <BEE-L@ALBNYVM1>
From:         Aaron Morris <SYSAM@ALBNYVM1>
Subject:      What a season!

I'm experiencing the BEST season ever in my 10 years as a hobbiest bee
keeper.  My hives are located in Malta, N.Y. (a small town near
Saratoga).  I gave each hive three supers in late March - early for
upsate N.Y., but I took advantage of a record setting 80 degree day and
did all my spring cleaning of the hives supered up.  I checked the hives
last week and every hive was working all the supers - current production
is at a point that I usually don't see until fall.

I had to get more foundation to prepare more supers from a local bee
keeper and supplier, and he reports that this has been the best season
he ever experienced also.  And he has been keeping bees for almost 50
years!  What excitement to witness the clouds of bees coming and going!
Go with the flow!!

How are things going for other subscribers?