From:
allen dick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 20 Sep 2005 12:27:41 -0400
> In each case the only thing that happened was the bees moved. But I have
> been told that breath is an aggression trigger.

I have never experienced that effect in all my years with EHB, and always
blow on bees to move them on brood frames, often with no veil protection,
but I have read that AHB can be very sensitive to breath.  Apparently, in
Mexico, some beekeepers have devised methods of ensuring their breath does
not go onto the bees for just that reason.

Maybe this can be a new quick test for AHB, now that morphometics, cell
size, and even DNA, are in question :)

allen