From:
Dan Harris <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 2 Jan 2012 11:35:51 -0500
I’ve been conducting a 101 type series for about eight years. It is a
7 class series that begins in December and ends in August/September. I
started from a concern about the many one-day beekeeping ‘classes’
that were/are common. I believe that these crash courses, too often,
do a disservice to potential beekeepers. One big issue is finding
someone who is committed to doing long term program. Getting an
experienced beekeeper to spend a couple of hours for a one day event
isn’t too difficult. Getting someone to spend a day a month for seven
or eight months and to be available to take follow up calls and emails
is a different matter.
I advise my students that my methods aren’t the only way but simply
the things that have worked for me. I also tell them that I can only
give them the barest essentials and if they hope to become good
beekeepers my class should only be the beginning of their learning
experience.
My class schedules and syllabus are posted on my website www.boogerhillbee.com

--
Dan Harris
Beekeeper

www.BoogerHillBee.com
Georgia Wildflower Honey / Honey Vinegar / Beeswax Candles / Beeswax /
Beekeeping Classes / Beekeeping Equipment / Honey Bee Nucs
Follow Us on Facebook