From:
Garry Frey <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 3 May 1999 08:27:14 EDT
Hi All

  Been readin and learnin here for awhile now i am in ned of some help, 14
days
ago i installed three new 3 lb packages in three brand new hives (just startin
if it isnt obvious) I installed them each in there own deep hive body by
dumping in and then replacing the center three frames hung the queen cage in
between and closed them up, cept the first one which i accidentlly opened the
wrong end of the queen cage the queen appeared to go into the hive with all
the
other bees so i just closed it up.over the weekend with jittery hands i
lightly
smoked them and went into the hives for the first time<sigh> what a releif to
see so many happy bees that didnt care as i moved them around and started to
really learn bee keeping 2 of the new hives are 7 frame drawn with 3 to 4
frames of brood + pollen and honey (from my relentless feeding of sugar
syrup)the 3rd which is the one that the queen was quik released had lots of
bees and was drawn out on at least 6 frames had pollen and honey stores but
allas i could not find eggs/larvor capped brood as i saw in the other two?????
Help please Is my queen MIA or is she slow getting started??
  From what i have read i feel she is gone but the bees didnt drift away????I
am prepared to order a replacement queen so i dont loose to much time in this
hive and since the bees are still in it? Any and all advise is appreciated

  Thanks in Advance
   Garry