From:
Dave Cushman <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Dave Cushman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 15 Jun 2001 17:34:39 +0100
Hi All

> The measurements are easy to do if you use the scales published by the
BIBBA
> (the Bee Improvement and Bee Breeders Association).  Slightly less easy
but
> not difficult is to mount a series of wings on a glass slide using double
> sided sticky tape and projecting onto a wall.

For those that want to do the morphometry for themselves, there is some
information that starts from:-

http://website.lineone.net/~dave.cushman/morphometry.html

There are instructions on how to do the various tests and there are Herold
fans and discoidal card that can be printed. Wing mounting is also covered.

There is one important point that I have yet to add to my pages. The
projector must be totally perpendicular to the wall in both the horizontal
and vertical plane or the resulting data will be corrupted.

I would be interested in any well defined characters of AHB or AM Scutellata
that I can add to my database.

Regards From:- Dave Cushman, G8MZY
Beekeeping and Bee Breeding, http://website.lineone.net/~dave.cushman