From:
Dave Cushman <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Dave Cushman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 16 Jun 2001 12:02:34 +0100
Hi all

The adoption of standards need not cost anything... surely every company has
a quality control system and I would expect that you have a "beekeeping
manufacturers discussion group"

I appreciate that...

> Go to any lumberyard and you will find
> dimensional differences even is the same lots. I have boxes built from
> lumber from different yards that have different internal dimensions
> because of the planing and sanding differences between yards.

But surely that only applies to "home made" equipment. I would expect that
your manufacturers convert and season their own stock to suit the exact
purpose that is designated for.

The precision and repeat accuracy cost a little more in terms of setting up
time of machinery, but this is insignificant when taken accross thousands of
boxes.

It costs no more to make a "perfect" component than it does to make a
"scrap" one.

Regards From:- Dave Cushman, G8MZY
Beekeeping and Bee Breeding, http://website.lineone.net/~dave.cushman