From:
Bob Harrison <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 6 Aug 2008 12:49:05 -0500

> As pointed out by Bailey et al. (1964), adult bees detect and remove
> larvae with sacbrood within a day or two after the larvae die, while
> the virus is still infectious.

At what levels is virus not considered *infectious*?

should include at least the following three components:
> (1) accurate diagnosis of diseases that allows rapid development and
> implementation of control strategies,

Hard to apply as I have been told and has been our experience that virus can
be found in most bee samples. If so then what exactly are the implementation
of control strategies for say KBV?

> (2) good beekeeping management practice that enhances honey bees'
> natural immunity to virus infections, and

The above is one of the steps to successful beekeeping even if virus was not
an issue.

I would add a fourth virus point.
4. control mites.

bob