Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
geoffrey butt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 2 Mar 1995 04:10:15 GMT
In message  <[log in to unmask]> [log in to unmask]
>         I have been assigned a presentation for a physiology course, in
> which the topic is "Thermoregulation in Honey Bee Nests", and have to
> coem up with a "complete" bibliography.  My library database searches
> thus far have yielded a paucity of references on this specific topic, and
> I would be grateful if any readers of this list could provide me with
> some additional references to get my research going a little faster.
>                 Thanks in advance

Hello Mark

Have you found the material which was published by Bernard Mobus in the late
'80s  when he was based at the Scottish Agricultural College, Aberdeen?  I
do not follow the academic literature so don't know in what form it was
published there.  However Bernard wrote some fascinating (to me) articles
in the 1987 and 1988 issues of Beekeepers Annual on the interaction between
broodnest temperature/humidity/laying rate/etc. and he sent me some more
material when I wrote to him.  I believe Bernard was in Holland when I last
saw a reference to him.

Hope this helps - best wishes for your research

Geoff (who is an amateur beekeeper in Cheshire, England)

geoff butt