From:
Peter L Borst <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 21 May 2010 10:54:14 -0400
Hi
If you are really serious about getting comb built during a rainy spell, I would say *yes* to light sugar syrup. I would add, however, *I think* that a frame feeder or top loading trough feeder will stimulate them better than jars or buckets. They seem to sense an urge to build comb to have someplace to put all that syrup. The frame feeders hold a gallon or so, so they need to be refilled often. The top ones hold several gallons, but I still would lean toward the others. When I use to raise queen cells, I would put a gallon into the frame feeder every time I went into the cell builders (at least every 3 days) until the weather was settled in warm and a real honey flow was on. A real honey flow is the way to get combs built. I have seen them build ten frames overnight under those circumstances.

PLB