From:
Doug Tompsett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 21 May 2010 10:33:38 -0400
Just curious, I'm in the middle of an oxytet treatment (powdered sugar mixture on ends of frames); just did treatment #2 last night.  I had some capped queen cells (that were cut out from a split that produced several extra... and moved into a nuc and a queenless hive) that have all recently hatched (in the last 3-4 days).  I'm expecting them to start nuptual flights this weekend (estimate day 20 = May 22) or early next week... this is right in the middle of when I should be doing my 3rd treatment of oxytet.

If they keep to the fast timeline they seem to be on, they could be laying on the 25th... I'm planning my 3rd treatment for the 24th.

Do I need to be worried about stunting the growth of those virgin queens?

Thanks,

Doug.