From:
randy oliver <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 21 Sep 2017 12:44:54 -0700
>Thus, when making comparisons to chemical analysis data from many years
past, one has to ask - is the change real or is it an artifact of improved
analytical technologies?

Thank you Jerry, but in this case (the Ziska paper) that would not apply,
as all analyses were done at the same time on the same equipment.

I strongly suggest that anyone interested read the study.  The authors also
grew goldenrod plants in CO2 gradient chambers, and then analyzed the
protein contents of the produced pollen.  The *in situ* study confirmed
their findings.

I'm kinda surprised by the wall of naysayers on this topic.  I've been
looking deeply into bee nutrition for several years, and have read every
study on pollen, protein, trace elements, and analyses of royal jelly that
I can find.  As a beekeeper who spends tens of thousands of dollars each
season on pollen sub (which we find to be a very good investment), I feel
that this is an important subject.

--
Randy Oliver
Grass Valley, CA