From:
James Fischer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 18 Nov 2008 20:27:02 -0500
Joe Waggle said:

> I see they are starting off with an already been
> proved to be a failed control tactic of eliminating ferals.

One of the most famous cases of the "elimination of ferals"
was the Santa Cruz Island Reserve project, where Adrian Wenner
tried and tried to eliminate all the feral colonies so
as to return the island to an ecosystem that was 100%	 "native".

The attempt did not fail - it succeeded with a
little help from varroa.

So, given an island of finite size and varroa,
I'd wager that their odds are good, but no one
ever takes my bets.

In beekeeping, the odds are good that the goods are odd.  :)