Informed Discussion of Beekeeping Issues and Bee Biology <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 3 Mar 2015 13:37:16 -0500
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (14 lines)
Gary and all,
 We know now that fungicides are part of the equation with bee health. They down regulate the gene that allows the protein   to be used by the bee for good health.
 I have watched this problem unfold because I have been a beekeeper for 44 years. Many things have changed over the years.
Varroa has been a large factor in our problem .You put the virus problem into the equation you can see that neonicotinoids are just one little part if it is at all a problem. 
 We need real science and facts to drive to any conclusion to our problems. I'm not for chemicals but we have a complex world in agriculture now. We can not throw them out and expect to have the food we need. Just good informed choices need to be made for a good ecosystem for our bees.
 We have many good researchers working on the problem. Each one adds to the solution. We know more now than 5 years ago.  Our knowledge is expanding and will take time for us to come to any conclusions. Wait for real science to come up with the right solutions for our problems.
Best Regards
Roy Nettlebeck  

The BEE-L mailing list is powered by L-Soft's renowned
LISTSERV(R) list management software.  For more information, go to:
http://www.lsoft.com/LISTSERV-powered.html

ATOM RSS1 RSS2