Date:
Mon, 2 Sep 2013 18:21:59 -0400
Joe wrote: Years of using this technique I have found a fine line of
bees wax does not interfere with comb adhesion.  You do not need more
than a trace of beeswax in a line."

For new bars I use a lump of beeswax in one hand and a soldering iron
in the other to draw a bead of wax in a line.  The bees sometimes go
off course as I think that they prefer a curve to a straight line as it
would be stronger in, for example, a swaying tree. Think of corrugated
iron and plane sheet of metal.  It is easy enough to straighten the
comb when it is fresh and the bees then keep to the straight and narrow.

After harvesting honey or removing old comb, I leave a 'footprint'
maybe 1/4" deep under the bars for future guidance.  It works for me.

Chris