Date:
Sat, 23 Mar 2013 12:10:32 -0400
>I asked Dr Tennekes to explain why in the data that he cited, that birds
declined in population in nature preserves and non agricultural areas if
neonics were to blame.  He could not answer.<

A guess would be because birds don't necessarily stay in the nature preserves year round. Many may migrate hundreds of miles annually fueling along the way. The question would be where are they making their refueling stops. In my location we have a nature preserve that is totally surrounded by commercial blueberry farming. I wonder how often these birds visit the blueberry farms on there way in.