From:
Barry Birkey <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sun, 27 Oct 1996 17:51:29 +0000
Ian Watson wrote:

> Here is another "jar cleaning question"
>
> Does anyone know how to remove the glue (from the backs of labels) which
> sticks to the jars when one recycles commercial honey, spaghetti, or other
> product jars?  Some luckily are water soluable...but others leave an opaque
> film on the glass which will not wash off.  Currently I have one jar
> submerged in Varsol (mineral spirits) as a test...
>
> Any thoughts?
>
>                           Ian Watson

Ian -

There is a product here in the states called De-Solv-it that works great. It's manufactured
in Chandler, Az. but the company name I can't make out because the label has been
dissolved ;>) Don Aslett's "Cleaning Center" sells it too. The number is 1-800-451-2402.
A one pint container sells for $5.50 and they ship to Canada.

-Barry

--
Barry Birkey
West Chicago, Illinois  USA