From:
Gerry Visel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 26 Dec 1996 17:41:13 EST
On Wed, 25 Dec 1996 18:53:01 -0500 Janet Montgomery & Dan Veilleux
<[log in to unmask]> writes:
>(snip)
> --One has to apply a good deal of " english " to adapt it to each
>location. In order to do this we must know where the writer
>hails from.
>I WOULD LIKE TO RESPECTIVELY REQUEST THAT WE AT LEAST IDENTIFY WHERE
>WE ARE FROM BECAUSE California, Georgia, Alberta or Ohio are beekeeping
>worlds apart. All areas have somthing to offer, that's why we are on
this
>list and why I really enjoy it so much.

Dan and Jan,

   Those places may seem "worlds apart," but they are really only "states
apart" (or will be once we incorporate Alberta(!)   ;-)

   Your point is well taken, the members of this list do represent the
whole world, and beekeeping is often a very local thing.  (We need to
remember to add "USA" to our addresses now!)  I do enjoy the input from
the "worlds apart," however, and learn a lot.  This exchange between very
different environments and cultures helps us all to grow!

   Happy holidays to all!

Gerry and the other Visels at
Winnebago, Illinois, USA