From:
Al Needham <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 26 Dec 1996 16:32:29 -0800
Allen Dick wrote:

> Of course window screen does actually break the wind much more than
> most people realise).

A very interesting discourse. I zeroed in on the above as I have a bunch
of window screens under my house in great shape that I salvaged from the
"Town Dump" this summer.

So...guess what? I am going to rig them up to "cut down on the wind"
even
though my two hives are fairly well sheltered from the tough
Northeasters
that rip in from the ocean about a five minute walk from my home.
Between my garage and these screen rigs - it should work out well!

In 1978 one of these *rippers* demolished all kinds of property in my
harbor town. As an aside I walked down to the beach the day after (a
beautiful sunny day) and as I gazed down the beach at houseless
foundations I saw one that had a complete "toilet" sitting forlornly by
itself on what was originally the first floor. Nobody was sitting on it
:).

Al
--
      *  Have A Happy And Relaxing Holiday Season *
*   Al Needham,Scituate,MA,USA ** [log in to unmask]   *