From:
Aaron Morris <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 17 Mar 2008 11:36:51 -0400
> i would rather see such money go to
> the speakers, or to the beekeeping
> organizations rather than to a recording
> company.

Don't worry Dean, I'm sure all the bases are covered.  Speakers got a
slice of the pie through the fees they were paid to speak.  Admittedly,
they probably deserve a bigger slice.  The recording company got a slice
in the fees they charge for services rendered. Bob noted the improved
quality over hiding microphones in plants.  And rest assured, the
organizations are getting a slice of the pie too.  I do not know the
percentages, but I would be very surprised if the lion's share goes
elsewhere than the organizations.

I also caution all to be wary of interpretations of what was said vs.
listening to what was said.  In other words, listen first hand rather
than to reports of what was said.  I also caution that a lot of what was
recorded was speculation of what MAY be the problems vs. hard science
about what ARE the problems.  Trust me, I was there.  And I hesitate to
report, because then it would be me saying what they said and there is a
possibility (probability?) that I will get it wrong.

Admittedly again, a lot of the speculation sounded plausable.  There is
a lot of mixing of chems going on in an "open laboratory", the results
of which are being released upon us.  "Stacking" is downright scary.
But the crying of "Wolf!" begs investigating if there is a wolf in the
yard.  If crying "Wolf!" begets everyone crying "Wolf!  Wolf!  Wolf!",
we never know if there is a wolf in the yard.  Support the
investigation.  If you can't write checks personally, encourage your
associations to support the investigation.

Aaron Morris - thinking there is a wolf in the yard, but it's wearing
sheep clothing.